The Q-Summit is looking for volunteers to serve in various roles during the actual day of the summit. This is a great opportunity for adults working in solidarity with youth to volunteer their time. Please note that all volunteers must be approved current volunteers with ROSMY, faculty/staff at the University of Richmond or VCU, or current students at the University of Richmond or VCU. This is to ensure that all volunteers have undergone an appropriate background check and/or are under 25.
- Registration and Information Table: Registration will be available throughout the day at the information table. Volunteers for this role will be responsible for checking in participants throughout the day, as well as offering directions and assistance as needed. If you volunteer for this responsibility you will be given a shift of two hours to cover the information table.
- Session Assistant: For each of the breakouts we are looking for session assistants who will assist facilitators with any technical needs and presentation questions, and distribute and collect evaluations.
- Set-up Team Member: This set-up team is responsible for assisting with setting up the Tyler Haynes Commons before the Q-Summit begins. Members of this team will start at 7:30 a.m. and end at 9:00 a.m.
- Clean-Up Team Member: The clean-up team is responsible for assisting with the clean up of the Tyler Haynes Commons at the conclusion of the Q-Summit. Members of this team will start clean up around 5 p.m. and end around 7:30 p.m.
- General Summit Support: We are looking for volunteers who are flexible and available throughout the entire day of the Q-Summit to support the leadership team. These folks may be asked to step into multiple roles throughout the day.